Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Ride to Work Day



Just a reminder that Monday, June 21 is Ride to Work day. I'm in a hotel room in Chicago and don't have much time for this post. However, it's important that riders use their bikes for commuting on this day. We need employers and co-workers to see how many folks ride motorcycles. Hopefully it will inspire others to ride. It can also inspire things like employers providing special motorcycle parking spots. There's more, but Andy Goldfine can explain it much better than me.



You can listen to an interview of Andy if you follow the link above. There's also more information. More from me later.


Miles and smiles,

Dan

8 comments:

Learning to Golf said...

I REFUSE TO RIDE TO WORK THAT DAY because I'll be off on my summer ride. Sorry that I can't participate.

Bluekat said...

Wish I was off on a summer ride! I'll be working, and if a blizzard doesn't decide to blow in (which wouldn't surprise me at all), I'll be riding.

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

They just finished a re-surfacing of the parking lot for our building. I was extremely disappointed that a few motorcycle spots weren't added when the stripes were painted.

Unknown said...

Hope you are enjoying our Chicago weather. I plan on riding into work for the 21st.

Gary France said...

Have a great time in the windy city. The 21st is the day before I leave for the US and hopefully my bike will already be in NY, so no riding for me.

Dean W said...

As usual, RTWD presents special difficulties for my telecommuting self. Well, with the new house, getting in the front door is easier, and my office isn't upstairs (which would be easy), but I getting around the corner in the hallway is still a PITA.

I've got a week still; maybe I need to go find that rental purple gorilla suit this year and ride around town wearing that for a while...

irondad said...

Dean,

You find the suit and I'll ride along to cover your back.

Take care,

Dan

Lucky said...

Wait... We're supposed to wear gorilla suits while riding to work?

1. Sweet.
2. I've got to get cracking to find one in time.