Thursday, December 24, 2009

Dear Santa

It was great to meet your twin brother last Christmas. Up until then I had no idea that you even had a brother. That helps explain how you manage to be so many places in such short order. Splitting the work load in half is a great idea! As a fellow traveling man, I have to wonder who gets stuck with the expenses, though.

You two are certainly invited to come by again this year. Slide a big bag of cool stuff down my chimney and I'll take you and your brother on some more of those Oregon roads you loved so much last time. Actually, it was cool for me, too. Being with you two, we didn't have to worry about ice and snow at all. Somehow we simply glided over it all. Almost like we were piloting sleighs instead of bikes. Hmmmm.

We might even get the opportunity to engage in some Grinch hunting.

I have to admit it really got my pulse racing when you and your brother had one treed in that big oak last year. The sight of the Grinch glowing with this ghastly green and red, your two bikes trying to climb the tree like some sort of rabid reindeer, and the sound of your maniacal Ho Ho Ho's that would make a kid dive under their bed were pretty stirring at some primeival level. That is an experience I won't soon forget, let me tell you!

Just in case the prospect of another thrilling ride isn't enough, here's another possibility.

That has to be better than milk and cookies any day, right? I mean, how often do you get a Heritage Mall gift card? I've left a pint of Southern Comfort on the mantle to sort of top things off.

Sure hope to see you this year!

Sincerely,

Irondad



Postscript:

Whatever good things this holiday season means to you, I hope you find them in abundance. For me it's about friends, family, and reflection. It's a troubled world but there is still much to be thankful for. We all have a lot of good to share with each other. Thus begins world peace. It's the combined efforts of individuals. You and I.

I send you my warmest regards and best wishes for the future. I thank you all for the connection we have made in our blogging world.

Peace.


11 comments:

Chris said...

I like the santa pic. They do look a bit strange though with green grass. I'd be happy to send you some snow since we have recently acquired a few inches.

Merry Christmas
-Chris
Everyday Riding

fasthair said...

Mr. IronDad

Just too funny! Thanks for putting a very big smile on my ugly mug. Wishing you and your family a safe happy and Merry Christmas. Here's to many more miles and smiles.

fasthair

Kev said...

I just want to say, I very much enjoy your blog! Your posts run the gamut from insightful to entertaining, and I admire your dedication to motorcycling and all the issues involved therein.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and adventures with us!

I hope you have the merriest of Christmases!

Kev

redlegsrides said...

thanks Dan, Merry Christmas to you and yours....

Bluekat said...

LOL - too funny!

Good cheer for a busy morning.
If I haven't said so before...Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and joyful new year!

Steve Williams said...

Santa just seems to be everywhere bringing all sorts of stuff. Good to see he even makes it out to your side of the continent.

Hope you and your family have a fine holiday season. Thanks again for all you do for riders everywhere. I'm certain there are more than a few riders safe at home because of what you have taught them. Myself included.

Merry Christmas!

Steve Williams
Scooter in the Sticks

Conchscooter said...

Hey,Daddy-o: Christmas in Key West means Cuban roast pork, rice and beans and boiled yucca, for noche buena (Christmas eve dinner),and I'm working tonight so my dinner was brought to me by a bevy of firefighters. And not a snowflake in sight. And no one is calling 9-1-1 either. Cool. I can wait for world peace.

Learning to Golf said...

Wishing you and yours a perfect Christmas and Happy New Year.

Orin said...

I didn't know Santa had a brother, either.

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to you and yours.

__Orin
Scootin' Old Skool

p.s.--I'm going to take the GTS for a ride a little later...

Jack Riepe said...

Dear IronDad (Dan):

The stockings have been hung with care and ransacked with reckless abandon. The presents had all been wrapped like works of art, and undone with swift motion that rendered the paper and ribbons into crude confetti. Christmas arrived right ion schedule, amid the aroma of roast beast, and goose, and duck, and sometimes seven fishes.

The doorbell rang until, the house was full of people... Family, friends, and in-laws. And now, a day later, it's hard to believe it's almost over. It really isn't over until the tree comes down. And with luck, that can be extended to January 15th.

I wish you and your family another year of Joy and happiness, until christmas rolls around again.

Happy New Year!
Jack Riepe
Twisted Roads

Chuck Pefley said...

What a fun Christmas post! Grinch hunting sounds like a very fine sport, especially down there in the Oregon forests! A stuffed Mr. Grinch above the Southern Comfort would be perfect ... I'm certain you'd rate an extra-large bag of toys next year for that offering -:))

Hope you had a great Christmas!!